Emily, you and I have been wrapped up in songs your whole life. When you were a little baby crying because you didn't want your nap, I would sneak into your room, pull your Simba's tail and it would play it's song. Then if you still weren't asleep yet, I would sing lullabies into your ear.
In Homestead, I would sing Amazing Grace and His Grace Covers Me as you were falling asleep. Even then you loved sleeping on your own so you could get enough sleep.
During thunderstorms we would sing Rich Mullins songs to distract you.
It will always be my first reaction to comfort you and to love on you. I love you and I wish I could be there today for your birthday. But no matter what, whenever you need me I will be there to sing songs into your ear.
Hey, guess what? You're FIFTEEN!! Not almost, but really there!! Praying for a year that shows you again and again that God's grace is amazing and covering you. That you will see His strength is sufficient and is what will be carrying you through the good and the bad. Love you lots and lots and lots and lots...
Happy happy birthday to Emily! Love the pictures of the two of you together! Hugs and blessings to you both!
ReplyDeleteawesome God that porch tin roof thunder storms... i remember that. Praise God!
ReplyDeleteI was tempted to post pictures of you, Emily, when you were REAL little but... I didn't. Happy birthday, may your small and big wishes all come true!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Emily!!! What a great day to celebrate a wonderful "little" sister!
ReplyDeletecute :)
ReplyDelete