Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Take Two

Well, April 15th came and went. It thundered in and crept out silently, it's amazing how anticlimactic it can feel at the end of the day. Three weeks of 70 plus hours (and many weeks of 55 plus hours) and then a day comes and goes and it's all over.  The firm went out to Benihana's for an absolutely wonderful time. I enjoyed the filet mignon and lobster and Earl had shrimp and chicken. Just delicious! 
Then Earl I spent the next two days moseying around San Diego checking out Sea Lions, outside courtyard breakfast spots and seeing old friends.  Shachah played at Calvary Chapel San Diego (just minutes from Mexico) on Friday night and we got to see a few friends we haven't seen in a while.  
Then we came home and enjoyed two days at home getting things done around the apartment and relaxing at home.  Sunday night we tried something new and went to a Bikram Yoga class - aka hot yoga.  And, yes, it's HOT!
The room is heated between 95 to 105 degrees and you proceed to be led through 26 poses over the course of 90 minutes.  It was intense! and we have signed up for 50 more of them!!
I just went to my second one tonight (hence, the take two) and it was easier and harder in different ways, but we are hoping it will bring some relief to Earl's back pain.  
So, as I crawl into bed, I will leave a few pictures from our vacation!

3 comments:

  1. I hope it brings him relief, it should... i do a less instense yoga... from barbara currie's 15 minute miracles ... when i take a few days off, man i feel it, or rather i dont feel as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed your time off, and that you treated yourselves to something new. But hot yoga for 90 minutes?!?! I don't know... probably not for me! ;-) (But I do hope it helps Earl!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mexico? you better not have swine flu!

    ReplyDelete