Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Time is SHORT!!

Yesterday I had my heart set on going to another Yoga class and then I get a text message from my friend, Christy. Hey Girls! Just a reminder that tonight is Titus 2 and I'd love to see you all there! In the church cafe at 7 :) And then my plans changed. I had been meaning to get to a Titus 2 women's fellowship event for months - but it's only held once a month and tax season got in the way of a lot of things. So here I was sitting at my desk with no real good reason to not go, so after work I changed, ate some chicken Pad Thai from Pei Wei and headed to church. WOW! It was on how the Lord is coming quickly and how we need to be ready. We need to be living with an expectation and an anticipation of His return. People Earl and I know have been going through some ROUGH times lately - cancer battles, marriages falling apart, sick children, adultery, and the list goes on. It is so hard and can be so overwhelming to look around and see what a fallen world we live in. It's so true that the rain falls on the just and the unjust alike. Bad things happen to good people and to bad people. But what relief to know that I serve the God who sees - He knows my needs and struggles. I serve the God who provides - He takes care of those needs. He is my Healer, my Protector, my Deliverer and my Defender. Fernando Ortega has a song, Just Give Me Jesus. The first time I heard this song it was done with Anne Graham Lotz speaking a poem of the same title interspersed throughout the song. It is beautiful and moving and TRUE! The ONLY thing in this world I need is Jesus. Mr. Ortega's Lyrics: In the morning, when I rise In the morning, when I rise In the morning, when I rise, give me Jesus Give me Jesus, Give me Jesus, You can have all this world, But give me Jesus When I am alone When I am alone When I am alone, give me Jesus Give me Jesus, Give me Jesus, You can have all this world, But give me Jesus When I come to die When I come to die When I come to die, give me Jesus Give me Jesus, Give me Jesus, You can have all this world, You can have all this world, You can have all this world, But give me Jesus Mrs. Lotz's Poem: He is enduringly strong. He is entirely sincere. He is eternally steadfast. He is immortally gracious. He is imperially powerful. He is impartially merciful. He is the greatest phenomenon that has ever crossed the horizons of the globe. He is God's Son. He is the sinner's Savior. He is the captive's Ransom. He is the Breath of Life. He is the centerpiece of civilization. He stands in the solitude of Himself. He is august and He is unique. He is unparalleled and He is unprecedented. He is undisputed and He is undefiled. He is unsurpassed and He is unshakable. He is the lofty idea in philosophy. He is the highest personality in psychology. He is the supreme subject in literature. He is the unavoidable problem in higher criticism. He is the fundamental doctrine of theology. He is the Cornerstone, the Capstone, and the stumbling Stone of all religion. He is the miracle of the ages. Just give me Jesus! He makes God visible!

1 comment:

  1. I have read the book Just give Me JEsus... she is a powerful writer but then then her subject is overwhelmingly GREAT. do you remember way back when... the Lord gave you the verse that HE will look after that which concerns you? what an amazing promise and it is theme that seems to keep coming up again and again. Terrific post.

    ReplyDelete