Saturday, May 9, 2009

Come on Barbie, Let's Go Party - EDITED!!

My Monday night Bible study group had a few birthdays around each other and we decided to get together, get dressed up and paint the town red.  Before I knew it, our plans of getting dressed up had morphed into playing dress-up - as in costumes.  We had lots of ideas (different dwarfs, different Disney characters, monochromatic themes) but we finally settled on Barbie.  
I was going to make my own costume, but my dear, sweet friends didn't think I would be "crazy" enough and they took it upon themselves to make my costume. This is what they created (I contributed Frank the Flamingo)  Oh, yes, I was FLORIDA BARBIE!!
We all got ready at Lindsay's and headed over to Home Depot where our other birthday friend had to work and surprised her with a visit. It was GREAT!
Then it was off to Downtown Disney and we got plenty of smiles, stares and people encouraging us to have a good time. It was great!  We figure you need to be able to have fun and go for it every once in a while.  Although, we these crazy girls, it seems to happen a lot!!
Today is our church's Women's Spring Tea.  I am really excited about it because Gisela Yohannan (KP Yohannan's wife - Gospel for Asia founder) is going to be speaking. I can't wait to hear what she has to say!!  
Happy Saturday!!
EDITED TO ADD: When we were looking for a parking spot at Downtown Disney (we got a little lost trying to find the correct area) the fireworks went off and What a Wonderful World was playing on the radio.  I was sitting in the backseat with Lindsay (my other type A friend) and we felt like we were in a movie with the music playing, the fireworks going off right above us.  It was pretty special to sit back and enjoy instead of doing. Thanks, Christy for driving!!! And thanks Lindsay for making the costumes.  I swear I just show up and they do all the work :o)  Now, I am running late to my tea!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a really great time, and you looked good, too! Barbies forever!

    ReplyDelete