Today Earl and I pulled into church and noticed a pick-up truck with a logo that read "Fine Swine Food" and a picture of a pig. We are assuming it was for a BBQ joint in town, but you never know! This did remind of a story I heard at work this week. First, a little background.
We pass out nicknames to various people in our office building. We have a Borat (curly, black hair a la Borat), Monk (brushes his teeth a few times a day and seems a little OCD), Medusa (crazy hair). Then there are two ladies who come up from the first floor to the eighth floor to use our restroom. Finally, we have a lady who does not wash her hands after using the restroom - yes, a non-hand washer. Completely grosses me out every time we are in the restroom together (which, thankfully, is only a couple times a month).
I went with a friend to lunch on Friday and missed out on an encounter the firm had in the elevator heading out to lunch. The lawyer who employs the non-hand washer informed us that she has been diagnosed as having the swine flu. Yes, the panic-inducing, cancel all flights to Mexico, wear a face mask SWINE FLU! I'm not surprised she got it - she doesn't wash her hands, people!! I am, of course, concerned for her health and prays she makes a full recovery, but hopefully she will begin to wash her hands. I am washing quite vigorously to make sure there isn't any chance it could still be passed on!
Just for giggles, hop over to the Late Night with Jimmy Fallon blog for their take on the Swine Flu!
I'm off to enjoy the rest of my Sunday with Earl!!
haha about the fine swine food.
ReplyDeleteEmily wants you to know she is getting some hamsters. YES i know they smell. We have all told her that.
i jsut washed my hands and boy am i glad.. the story makes me want to wash again