A few months ago, The Pioneer Woman highlighted The International Princess Project on her blog. I dutifully followed her instructions and hopped on over to their website and ordered a pair of pajama pants and helped spread hope.
The International Princess Project (IPP) rescues women from forced prostitution in India. There are over 3 million women and children who are prostitutes in India. Some as young as six years old have been sold by their families, kidnapped, tricked and lured into this lifestyle. The IPP offers these women a way out with a roof over their heads, a job to earn and save money and emotional support. They offer the women Jesus (many are Hindu by birth and practice) and let them stay even if they don't accept Him.
I searched a little more on their website and realized that their home offices are about five minutes away from our apartment. I sent in a volunteer application and will begin working with them to spread hope.
Today, though, I am going to help with an ad campaign and be a model. Nothing fancy, nothing too serious, but hopefully a lot of fun! I'm off to Newport Beach for the day and then Earl and I will be going out to dinner tonight.
I'm bringing my camera and my Flip with me, so I'll hopefully have some fun stuff to share!
you are awesome!! happy birthday :)
ReplyDeleteYou just make me smile!
ReplyDeleteyou are doing alot with your 27 years. so proud of you. Happy Birthday darling
ReplyDeleteThere you go, a PJ model – Gisele Bündchen got nothing on you! Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! How cool! Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, this is awesome news!
When can we see picture?
saw the pics on fbook and I love your hair!
ReplyDelete