Saturday, May 8, 2010

Reflections

Honestly, Katherine has an unbelievable way with words. It is a gift. A talent she uses for God's glory and our enjoyment. If you are looking for a beautiful, honest and raw Mother's Day tribute, please see her blog. It is simply amazing.

I've known Mommy for 28 years. She carried me, grew me, and birthed me. She says that I always was stubborn and did things on my own schedule - being born, weaning, etc. What's comical now is that Earl says almost daily (at least once a week) that I am a mixture of her and Jenni. We see it in my handwriting and my passions. And in my mannerisms and my speech. He says I am a reflection of her. 

And truly, there is no one else I want to reflect. 
Like the moon reflects the sun. 
Like Christians reflect Christ. 
Daughter reflects Mother.

You are the very best example of a mother. Caring. Compassionate. Loving. Strong. Firm. Gentle. Giving. Extravagant.

Thank you for being the mother I hope to be one day. I wish I could be there today, but I am looking forward to seeing you soon. And I thank God for His healing hand and how He is faithful to complete the work He begins and faithful to perform His promises.


I thank my God in all my remembrance of you,
 always offering prayer with joy 
in my every prayer for you all,
 in view of your participation in the gospel 
from the first day until now.
 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it untithe day of Christ Jesus.

 Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego replied to the king, 
"O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to give you an answer concerning this matter.
"If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire; and He will deliver us out of your hand, O king.
"But even if He does not, let it be known to you, O king, 
that we are not going to serve your gods or worship the golden image 
that you have set up." ... 
The satraps, the prefects, the governors and the king's high officials gathered around 
and saw in regard to these men that the fire had no effect on the bodies of these men nor was the hair of their head singed, nor were their trousers damaged, nor had the smell of fire even come upon them.

4 comments:

  1. my cup overflows. the circumstances of life have taken that "ordinary" childhood from you and yet you have allowed the Lord to use all of it for good. I am privileged to be your mommmmy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post melinda :) i love mommy because she is all those things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is all those things and so many more. . . it just made me cry, reading what you wrote about her. And then you listed the scriptures. . . and that brought out even more tears.

    I'm getting ready to send her a mother's day greeting myself. She is blessed, and continues to be a blessing.

    Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said! Love you, see you soon!

    ReplyDelete