Thursday, January 20, 2011

Everlasting Peace

Clearly my blogging track record is pretty sad, but more so in the last few months.  Life is not what it was.  And yet, I can't help but think that she is so much better off.  If you have read my posts in the past, you know that there is a little girl, Daisy Love Merrick, who has been fighting cancer since 2009.  She was diagnosed shortly before Mommy was and she was declared cancer free only to have it reoccur soon after.  She is undergoing intense chemotherapy and the family is looking into other treatment options.  The tumor is gone, but they are fighting any remaining cancer cells.

Yesterday her dad posted a prayer request on Facebook. 

Daisy's blood counts are really low from chemo. She is bleeding out of her mouth A LOT tonight. Please pray that it stops.


My heart breaks for them and I am grateful.  We are not fighting this dreadful disease anymore. We aren't worrying about this bump or that ache. The hospital visits, doctor appointments, filling prescriptions, tests and biopsies, tube feedings - it has all ended. 
 
We have peace and comfort.  While other things in this life continue to worry me and I still ache and hurt and miss, I have peace.
 
She is safe in His arms. Her pain is gone. Her reward has come.

7 comments:

  1. I love you Melinda. Thank you for saying that. What a God of peace we indeed do have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my heart aches for Daisy also, and the daily fight she is facing must be so hard on her and her parents. And so I believe it to be true that an end to the suffering can be a blessing, if only for the knowledge that He takes care of what could not be fixed here on earth. And once we accept that, peace comes! Love you, Melinda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's how I feel all the time...thankful that she's not in pain anymore. For me, at least, I've come to realize that the pain of not having her (for now) is not worse than the pain of watching her suffer like that. I know all might not agree with me, but...

    I've been thinking of Daisy Love too...praying that the Lord sustains them all with new mercies every day like He did for us.

    Glad to "hear" from you again :) Love you big sis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melinda, you've put a lifetime of learning and trust into a few beautiful paragraphs.

    That peace is the cool part. . . and the "passes all understanding" part is becoming more and more real to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post. I've been reading about Daisy Love too and praying and aching for her and for her parents. You have a great perspective and you are so right. She is in His arms and I to am grateful that she is not fighting that dreadful disease anymore. Hugs from Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I blogged Melinda. Thank you for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete