Rich Mullins was one of the most talented songwriters that ever walked this planet. He was able to capture the majesty of God in his lyrics unlike anyone else I have heard before or since. His melodies capture your heart. His anthems stir your soul.
His songs have often accompanied major life moments - or "jumps" as David Wenzel call them. Those defining moments wherein your life is forever changed. This evening, as we stand, sit and sleep our way into tomorrow I feel we are on the verge. We are facing a jump. We don't know what tomorrow holds. But we are on the precipice.
My song for this week is "Verge of a Miracle." We are standing here waiting to see what tomorrow will bring. I am trusting in the One who holds the future. He is fully able and willing to act on our behalf and bring a miracle.
CHORUS:
You're on the verge of a miracle
Standing there
Oh you're on the verge of a miracle
Just waiting to be believed in
Open your eyes and see
You're on the verge of a miracle
Here in your room
Where nobody can see
Voices are loud
But seldom clear
But beneath the confusion
That's running so deep
There is a promise you must hear
The love that seems so far away
Is standing very near
CHORUS
When you've played out
Your last chance
And your directions
Have all been lost
When the roads that you look down
Are all dead ends
Look up
You could see if you'd just look up
Your last chance
And your directions
Have all been lost
When the roads that you look down
Are all dead ends
Look up
You could see if you'd just look up
Today is going to be an anxious one. I'm a little scared, but mostly hopeful. And glad that the treatment will start. I love you. I'm excited that we'll all be together again soon
ReplyDeleteWe had the privilege of meeting Rich on two (I believe) occasions when Mark and I were first married. He was a gifted prophet. . . .and he was definitely HIMSELF wherever he went.
ReplyDeleteI love this song -- and your use of it to describe this situation is beautiful.
Great post Melinda...really great.
ReplyDelete