Saturday, December 12, 2009

Our Favorite Things

Today is my Mommy's birthday. Yes, in light of all that has been going on for the last 5 or 6 weeks, I feel this one should be a monumental post, but instead, I just want to share some of our favorite things.

We both love Christmas lights in the house. We like watching movies together - especially with Christmas lights on in the house! She and I share a love of reading murder mysteries and just reading period!

One of my most favorite memories is of us driving through the back roads of Homestead & Redlands looking at homes we loved as the rain came down. I felt so safe in the car and I was so excited to see what the future held. It was cozy as we drove along admiring homes and singing songs.

She instilled in me a heart for hospitality and entertaining. She created a love of crafting and decorating in me. There is no event too small for a party and no amount of people too large that we can't invite them to join us in celebrating.

We love fun things and getting people presents just because, like my middle of December gift I just got from her yesterday. And that just reminds me that I'm her favorite :)

Most of all, we share a love of our most favorite thing - Jesus. May the Lord's grace and peace strengthen and comfort you today. May He pour out His love in every way today.

I love you Mommy! Happy birthday!!!

4 comments:

  1. great post melinda, except for that "you're her favourite" part...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am thinking i don't deserve any of you... i am especially liking the recollection of driving around homestead, remember the "maybe" house that was falling apart... and just the other day i was remembering how you would sing "hold me jesus" when i had a migraine, and the hospitality thing comes from your grandma who is busy hunting for pineapple to make me a pineapple upside down cake ... i am blessed beyond measure by this post and so much more. Hannah just shook her head about the "favorite exchange."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep shaking my head about this 'favorite' bit as well, but I have learned to ignore it - to some degree! It's a game... I hope... and BTW, happy birthday, and may the day be filled with hope and love!

    ReplyDelete