Thursday, December 3, 2009

Just What the Doctor Ordered

Tonight when I got home from work I was feeling funny.

I tried to get it out and explain it to Earl.

"See, I think about it all the time. I just think about the exact same things. I have nothing new to think about. No new ideas. I think through the options, statistics, promises of God - over and over in my brain. I just need a good laugh."

Not even twenty minutes later there was a knock at the door and Earl said, "It looks like Ali."  Sure enough, my sweet, wonderful friend came by on her way home from work to say hi.

Now, if there is anyone who can make me smile and laugh, Ali can. She is bubbly, caring, fun, full of faith. She listened and asked questions and when she could see I needed a break, she changed the subject to something else. She left me a card that was full of concern, love and sweetness.

The Lord heard my cry - my desire - and brought it to me tonight. He has been confirming to me that He hears me, knows my heart - the aches, the desires - and He is moved with compassion to act.

4 comments:

  1. love you melinda! i feel better knowing you have a friend like ali in your life...what a sweet gal! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh darling i am so glad He sent you someone, how wonderful to know he knows everything about us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last night, God sent me some encouragement through a pm on Facebook. Then, this morning, I got a note from a college friend just this morning. It was exactly what I needed.

    He's amazing.

    . . by the way, so are you!!!

    ReplyDelete