I haven't seen that movie in so long, so it may be entirely inappropriate, but we'll just go with it.
SIXTEEN!! Emily Grace, my Emmy G, turns sixteen today.
For her birthday present, Earl and I brought her out to California for a week with her *favorite* sister and brother-in-law. We had a blast. We went to the beach a few times, watched crazy surf crash the shore, saw Gumby & Pokee run by, ate ice cream on the pier, had a few skateboard lessons, chased seagulls, visited Alcatraz (and made it out!!), hung out with the Chinese in Chinatown, ate crab at Fisherman's Wharf, woke up WAY too early a few days, took a nap on the side of the I-5 so we wouldn't die driving home, had some Taco Bell, went on a ferris wheel and closed our eyes so we wouldn't be too scared, had some ice cream in Ghiradelli Square, watched TV, trekked across the Golden Gate bridge, got in the way of bikers on said bridge, listened to Earl play guitar, rode cable cars, saw about 60 fat and lazy and OH SO CUTE sea lions and watched the sunset over the Pacific Ocean.
Lots of memories, lots of love, a few tears, a little bit of attitude (mine - I was so tired!).
A great trip for a sweet awesome fantastic little sister.
I hope this trip burns into your heart and mind how much we both love you. You are worth every penny spent and more! Happy birthday!! I love you!!
Sweet post, Melinda, and happy birthday, Emily! Hope you're having a blast!
ReplyDeletelovely post about a lovely girl!!
ReplyDelete