Hey y'all! Guess what?!? Deputy Chief Brenda Lee Johnson got married!! She and Fritzy are off to their honeymoon in Italy. So, come June we will see them and we will find out who is transferring out of the unit - either Sgt Gabriel or Dt Daniels. It's definitely going to be interesting! But, it stink that it's 4 months away!!
Let's see...an update on the past couple weeks. Earl is back home from recording in Philly and from a weekend in Minneapolis. Both were great trips, but very draining physically. So, he has been resting up ;o)
Red Carpet Ball was great - if you haven't already, go check out my pictures on Facebook. Everyone had a great time. There is always a bit of drama at those things, but it went fairly smoothly. I had a few friends who came and volunteered with me and it was a lot of fun to have them there with me.
Work has been pretty busy - just under 12 hours today! But, God is faithful to supply my every need, right?! So, I'm staying sane, but I am tired.
There are a few things that have been motivating and inspiring me lately.
The first is Jasmine Star Photography (jasminestarblog.com and jasmine-star.com). Jasmine is the daughter of Pancho Juarez and I have met her twin sister a little more than Jasmine. The band has played a few times at Calvary Chapel Montebello and Bianca works at the church and we have spent a little bit of time before the services, but I have fallen in love with Jasmine's photography and her blog. It's very funny and witty and the pictures are fantastic!! She is motivating me to find my own voice on my blog.
Secondly, is Jennifer Braswell Christy. Jennifer is a family friend from Miami who currently lives in Louisiana. She just turned 40 and is always competing in races, triathlons and is currently training for another IronMan. And, yes, I said competing - she just placed 2nd in the Masters Division at her last marathon. I want to do those things! I'm not sure that I'll be able to devote a lot of time to it until after tax season, but I do want to get cranking!!
Finally, Donna Partow. Donna has authored many books. My Bible study group is currently going through her book, Becoming the Woman God Wants Me To Be. It is a study on Proverbs 31. It does a great job of mixing the spiritual and the physical. Every day has a practical step to take so we are doers and not just hearers of the Word. And, we have a checklist to go over every week to make sure we are really being proactive. This has been great! I am loving it and I look forward to keep going through it.
I'm heading off to bed. Tomorrow I've got work and then I'm heading over to my friend's to get my hair done - a new color and style. Should be fun! :o)
i need to catch up on my Closer! I vote dt Daniels, but that's just me...
ReplyDeletejenny braswell! no way!
Will we be able to recognize you with the new hairstyle? ;o)
ReplyDeletefix the link to my blog please and then add the photography link, i have been being inspired by photography lately ... i think it is wonderful that you are finding your voice and your style as you grow
ReplyDelete