Thursday, March 26, 2009
Mulholland Drive
We were driving to a Sunday morning worship set at a church meeting in Calabasas, California, a beautiful city right off the 101 nestled in the San Fernando Valley. I was driving the truck since Earl was the sickest he has ever been in the four years we've been married. I got off at Mulholland Drive as per my Mapquest directions and proceeded up and down the second windiest road I've ever been on - Lombard Street in San Francisco barely taking the first place spot.
Now, anyone who has seen all of The Closer episodes remembers that our dear Chief from the South had some issues getting around LA - especially because there are a lot of Mulholland Drives in LA.
Yes, I took one of the WRONG Mulholland Drives.
Poor Earl who barely had control of his faculties was dangerously close to losing them along this insansly crooked street up and down those Santa Monica mountains. We made it safely to the church, albeit 20 minutes late, and I don't think he's ever been more relieved to be able to stop moving as he was that morning.
So, my sweet husband is not the sickest he's ever been, but he is sick and so I spent last night on the pull-out bed in the living room. I was all set to brave the danger zone last night, but as I crawled into bed after him and listened to him wheeze and sniffle and snore, I quickly decided to rough out in the living room instead. I woke up sore, but, so far, not sick!
We now have a countdown in the office - only 20 more days until tax season is over. We have even picked an after tax season dinner local at Benihana's. While these things are very exciting, it's also stress inducing because, hello!! I only have TWENTY more days (including Sundays) until tax season is over and it feels like I have 40 days of work still to do. I can literally feel the stress building in my neck, shoulders, stomach, etc. I find myself so tense and when I try to relax I feel my muscles quiver ever so slightly because they are so fatigued from the stress. I haven't been mentally stressed aside from the meltdown I had when I got home (too late for Life, too!!). Hopefully I can hold it all together until the end, after all, it's only 20 more days!
And yes, we are all holding our breath and saying our prayers as Mary is being surrounded by flood waters. Thankfully, we know our Creator sees her and will protect her until the flood waters recede. We love you Mary.
Finally, a picture of my man and our nephew. Earl went to Miami last weekend to play at a big event and got to see the whole family and spend a little bit of quality time with Christian. (Bonus - I got to SEE Earl play online - isn't technology GREAT some times?!) Enjoy! :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's one cute boy... Christian, that is! ;-) Sorry to hear that Earl was (and is) seriously under the weather! Get better soon!
ReplyDeletecute pic...
ReplyDeletehang in there sis! i know the feeling, may's just around the corner...