On Sunday at church, we were given the charge to meditate on Scripture this week. Pastor Mike shared that "to meditate" is "to mutter something." The whole teaching was amazing and there were many practical things to put in place for me personally, but this is one I want to share. The verses I am muttering this week are:
For we walk by faith, not by sight. 1
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering for He who promised is faithful. 2
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 3
What should you be muttering this week?
1 - 2 Cor 5:7
2 - Heb 10:22-23
3 - Heb 11:1
Hey, the end of that was one of my memory verses for this summer! I love the idead of faith being the SUBSTANCE of things that are hoped for! So true!
ReplyDelete