Friday, January 30, 2009

And We're Off!

I talked to Katherine around 8am PST and they were just leaving the Duluth area. I got a text shortly after that from Mary (who got a case of food poisoning last night) that she was on her way. And at 1:30 I will be heading to the airport to begin my leg of the journey. We are all looking forward to celebrating 18 years of Katherine!! We plan to visit the Winter Carnival (http://www.winter-carnival.com/) and go swimming at the hotel and enjoy each other's company. Katherine's group are touring Carleton College today before Mary and I arrive. I am praying that these winter storms won't impede our travel - I do NOT want to have my return flight messed up!! Earl is going to occupy his time with a photo shoot today for the new album (tentatively titled "Let the Light In"). They are shooting in LA today and then he is flying to Philadelphia in about a week to record the album. Their producer is coming out at the end of next week for a few days to help with arranging and song placement. The guys have been practicing and actually rehearsing (something they NEVER do!) so this will all hopefully go very smoothly. And, yes, tax season has officially begun. I have put in over 40 hours in four days - so today is just icing on the cake! This week was a bit more hectic and frantic because our office manager who usually does all the processing of returns and forms was in a car accident over last weekend and had to take a few days off to recouperate. Most of the processing fell on my shoulders, so it may mellow out a little bit next week, but I am scheduled to be doing field work at a client's Tuesday through Thursday next week and I have a feeling that will put me back with my other tasks. *sigh* I am missing the Super Bowl this weekend - BUMMER! I will be cheering for Arizona and Kurt Warner (we like to root for the old guys!). I'll be sure to post pictures once I am settled back in at home - so be on the lookout!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like an action-packed and fun-filled weekend... sure wish I could join you during this family reunion! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was today looking at photos again,. thinking how much fun it is when you guys are laughing together, and i was so sick that night when you came in...and you made Grandma's bed and managed a min-party with EmmyG... i love you and miss you

    ReplyDelete