I went to the library a couple weeks ago and got some books. I was craving a book for the weekend and once I was there I picked up a few. The first two were from Sue Grafton - I haven't read them yet, but they are quick easy reads. The other one is The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. This was a fantastic book. It's a historical fiction piece set in the early 1960s. I really enjoyed reading it. The other one that I am currently in the middle of is Putin's Labyrinth: Spies, Murder, and the Dark Heart of the New Russia by Steve Levine. Levine was a journalist stationed in Russia and the surrounding countries who witnessed very disturbing similarities to the old rule that was in Russia during communism. I haven't gotten very far, but it is an interesting read.
I am thinking I will be posting at night as opposed to the morning, so I will give you guys a heads up to what's coming our way. Tomorrow is another dentist appointment (this time a cleaning) and Earl is going to NAMM which is a four-day expo for music merchants. This is the largest trade show in the world and it's in our backyard at the Anaheim Convention Center. Musicians and merchants spend all four days walking through the convention center and drooling over the gear on display. I have a feeling his day will be more enjoyable than mine. Right now we are watching American Idol and laughing and enjoying it immensely :o)
Have a good night y'all!
Katherine and I are so resistant to change we are not appreciating the new judge much. But last night we were able to sit and enjoy the show and we were cringing and laughing... and what was secret life of bees about? i have been thinking about that one.
ReplyDeleteI hope good old Vladimir isn't coming after you now that you are reading up on his "new empire" - or he might just turn off your gas too! Good news on your tooth, though - for now.
ReplyDeleteThe Secret Life of Bees is about a girl who lives with a dad who is abusive and she has a servant who acts as a stand-in mom since her mom was shot during a fight when she was very young. She thinks she shot her mom by accident. Her stand-in mom goes to register to vote in 1964 and is assaulted and arrested and she breaks her out of jail and they flee to the only city she thinks her mom has ever been to. They end up staying with this trio of sisters who are beekeepers and it follows her as she learns the truth about herself and her mom. They just made it into a movie, so now I want to see the movie! :o)
ReplyDeleteI've been wanting to read the "Bees" book, too. Maybe your mom and I need to do an online book club thingie. :)
ReplyDeleteWe are liking Idol, too. Still not sure about judge #4.