Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Starting Off

Here's to great beginnings! I have been *hounded* by certain family members and friends to start our own blog. I have a feeling it will be mainly mine, but from time to time I may write different things in Earl's name - thoughts he's had, etc. I am not sure how frequently I will be updating this, especially in the next few months, but I'll do my best :) For now, I will list two goals Earl and I have for 2009. First of all, we want to continue with our healthy eating. Some friends of our started doing the Ultra Metabolism "diet" last year and we started. It is nice to eat such good, tasty, wholesome foods. Our goal isn't to lose weight, but to maintain a healthy lifestyle. We are being pretty consistent in going to the gym as well. This will be a bit harder for me going through tax season, but hopefully I will keep with it since I have so much more energy when I'm doing it. Secondly, we are desiring to be better stewards and so we have started getting rid of time wasters in our lives and being more diligent in our savings. Alright, so that's post number one! We'll see what comes next!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I get to be the inaugural commenter?!?! I think this is terrific, giving me a chance to follow and participate in your lives even more. I am sure you'll have plenty of exciting news to share throughout the year. Did I mention that I love you? I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sneaker... yes i am thrilled to see a melinda and earl place... and we are standing with you in prayer for these goals, love you both

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome!
    my goal is to continue my non healthy living...just kidding...i actually tasted that kashi cereal last night, mommy was right - it is good! no comment on those side affects tho...
    love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you guys!!! Don't feel (any more) pressure to post stuff on a daily basis. :)

    Love ya, kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay now I know someone on blogspot. =) Hope everything is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how fun :) i always like to read blogs...even though i don't write one ;) love you!

    ReplyDelete