This morning I woke early so I could be praying as my mom went into surgery. I haven't heard that they didn't do it, so I am assuming she is in the process of getting her PEG tube. This will be good for a few reasons. First of all, when she does radiation the doctors believe there will come a time when she can't swallow anymore and she'll need this in place beforehand so they don't have to try to insert it while she is in a weakened state. Secondly, the food they provide her with will be a good balanced meal and she will be getting all her vitamins, minerals, proteins, etc which should help keep her healthy. Finally, food just doesn't taste good anymore. This will keep her eating even when nothing looks, sounds or tastes appetizing.
My reading this morning was Numbers 33 and 34. Moses and the Israelites have just about reached the end of their wanderings in the desert and now they are finding out just how much land they have been given by God. The truly sad part is that they don't claim even HALF of the land God gave them. They missed out on so much of the blessing. They got tired and quit when they thought they had done enough. God wanted to give them more, so much more! We have to be careful in our lives not to quit fighting a battle, purging sin out of of lives and claiming half the victory. God desires to give us complete and total victory over the land, but if we stop we will never receive it.
"But if you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you, then it shall be that those whom you let remain shall be irritants in your eyes and thorns in your sides, and they shall harass you in the land where you dwell. Moreover it shall be that I will do to them as I thought to do to you." Numbers 33:55-56
Don't stop fighting the battle! Don't let it continue to be an irritant in your eye and a thorn in your side. Don't allow the enemy to harass you where you dwell. And don't allow someone else to claim part of the blessing God has ordained for you. God's word promises us that we can be free indeed - claim His promises and walk in His power.
Your mom and I had a pretty intense conversation last week -- and I wish I'd have had this scripture to talk about.
ReplyDeleteI've been praying all morning....God is good.
wonderful reminder! Thanks
ReplyDeleteI saw your mom is in the hospital (on FB) - I'm praying for her! (and you - tax season is coming to a close SOON)
ReplyDeleteHi Melinda,
ReplyDeleteI pray for your Mom and your family.
Wish you all the best,
Markus :-)
Melinda - I don't twitter but I sure appreciate your "tweets" about your mom updated here on your blog. We are praying for her! (and I miss her!)
ReplyDelete