The second blog I have found (through The Little Things We Do) is BacWoods Fern. Kassi lives in HB right around the corner from me and, as per her bio, she is a lover of Jesus! What could be better :)
She has a regular installment where people blog two things they are loving and then link back to her blog. Here are my two things.
Numero uno - AVOCADOS! I am loving guacamole and I am loving making guacamole.
Secondly, I am loving my *fake* orchids and this little part of my bathroom.
Also, if everyone can continue to pray for my mom. We are less than two weeks away from the fourth and final round of chemo. She will also be starting seven weeks of radiation. Let's join in prayer for the Lord to heal her before then and to relieve all the physical side effects she is still feeling. For additional strength, peace, grace and faith.
last night was a little rough at times but i am waking hoping we turned a corner.... i love avocado and i wish i could see your little psot of bathroom and flower heaven.... grandma made silk flowers respectable for me... she used to pop beautiful ones onto the ground and say beautiful is beautiful
ReplyDeletei usually read these in the night, so no pressure but the time difference posting helps me in the middle of the nigth :)
ReplyDeletewe've been really into avocados right now, too! delicious.
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for your mom. I can relate, I also have a family member going through chemo.
oooh i love me some avocados! one of my favorite meals is steamed beets, avocados and chicken... all cut up to make a little 'salad' of sorts. a little 21 salute from trader joes and your good to go! so yummy! and guacamole... i can't get enough!
ReplyDeleteorchids are my favorite flower... real or fake... so pretty!
thanks for playing along!
i will totally be praying for your mom, i should probably read back through your previous posts, but what kind of cancer does she have? and what is her name? i will be praying for total healing, comfort, and peace as she goes through this process! we serve an amazing God and He is the ultimate Healer - praise be to Him!
@Kassi - my mom is Beth Cain (who commented above). She has been diagnosed with high-grade mucoepidermoid carcinoma. Or cancer of the salivary glands. The high-grade part means it is at least stage 3. They have never given us an official stage, but I feel it is only stage 3 and not 4. It is a pretty rare cancer. You can see the whole progression by clicking on the "cancer" label.
ReplyDeleteBut I am grateful to report the tumor has shrunk by 44% in the last 3 months. We trust God to provide the strength needed to get through the rest of it. We praise our Creator and our Healer.