April 15th at 11pm I got on a plane and was Thunder Bay-bound. At 10am the next day Dana picked me up and dropped me off at the hospital. Mommy was getting a radiation treatment and a short-time later, George picked us up and we headed to the house.
Jenni taught me how to use Mommy's feeding tube and we all settled in with books, computers and NCIS. Friday night we made and feasted on sloppy joes a la the Pioneer Woman.
Saturday morning we took our time getting up and around and Emily, Hannah and I cleaned the patio. We swept the floors and threw out water-logged toys. We dusted off patio chairs. Hannah scrubbed the plastic chairs. Then we rested and enjoyed our hard labor. We invited Mommy out to see. The wind blew through the trees and the sun filtered through the branches. It was a nice afternoon.
The girls and I also made funnel cakes and Grandma got some gardening instructions from Jim & JoAnne.
Sunday we went to church and munched at the potluck. I kept asking Hannah to get me another hot dog, but she refused! Earl probably got to her...grrr.... :)
The Fiorito family came over in the early evening and we chit-chatted. A headache started forming and I took a couple Tylenols in the hopes that it would help. Emily had been having some stomach pain and Mommy felt it was time to take her to the Emergency room (they had already seen the doctor and he was going to call her back in for some more tests). We wanted to make sure nothing was seriously wrong, so Emily and I drove to the hospital and a couple hours later some blood was drawn, my headache was a full-blown migraine and Emily was bouncing off the walls. We drove home, I crawled into bed and about an hour later I hugged the toilet and Mommy rushed upstairs to tend to me. You always need your Mommy.
I threw up one more time from the pain and drifted off for a few hours. Hannah crawled into bed with me. I drove Mommy to the hospital for her Monday morning treatment and on our way there the ER called and said they needed just a little more blood from Emily. I dropped Mommy off and went back and picked up Emily. We had an angel of an ER nurse who helped move things along and in about an hour we all left. A few more errands later, we were home and I was off to the airport.
It was too short a visit, but it was a visit filled with some sweet times. As Amy drove me to the airport and I wiped away tears, she commented how great it must be to have the next trip planned. It's the best. Leaving is so hard, but knowing that I'll be seeing everyone in a month makes it slightly easier. A long post, but a taste of a short weekend in Thunder Bay. (and my camera lost it's battery juice so I don't have pictures - sorry! Emily will kill me if I post the videos I took of her in the ER - haha!)
That sounded like a weekend filled with a whole bunch of sick puppies... (I mean that in a good sense!). Glad you enjoyed it nonetheless. And I'm looking forward to seeing you in a little over 2 weeks... Love you!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, you DO always want your mommy. That's who was by my side nearly the entire time we were in the hospital with Caroline.
ReplyDeleteThey rock! And so do you, my dear. . . .
i think there is just something about that emergency room that makes you hurl...glad you got to go home and that you put those little ones to work!
ReplyDelete