Thursday, April 15, 2010

Three...Two...One...Happy Tax Day!

And today tax season ends.

This one seemed to fly by.  I worked over 70 hours for each of the last 3 or 4 weeks and I worked at least 65 hours each week for the last 8 weeks. I am exhausted physically and emotionally.  It's amazing how working so much can make you so cranky, but there were some days when I just wanted to snap at everyone.  But it's all behind us now and I will be putting in ONLY 40 hour work weeks for a while. 

Tonight we are having our post-tax season party at my boss Paul's house.  The taco man will be coming and making tacos and we'll play some Wii, some ping-pong and the kids will go swimming. It should be a nice relaxing time. 

Tonight I am flying out to Thunder Bay for some Mommy-time! Hannah has planned out each waking moment for baking, but I've got a book or two I'm looking forward to swapping with Mommy and maybe a few TV episodes. Either way, no matter what I'm doing, I'm looking forward to being there!

Mommy just had another dose of chemo and is feeling pretty sick from it.  I think all the radiation sessions (my count has us at 16 or 17 done!!) and the chemo are making it worse than other chemo sessions. Please continue to pray. And pray for my friend, Raquel, who's tia is in the hospital with cancer. 

6 comments:

  1. Praying for your Mommy! Enjoy every Mommy moment you get :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderfully relaxing and soothing visit - for you and your mom! Safe travels! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your Mom...

    What are you working???

    M. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God knew what He was saying about the whole "rest" thing, eh? :) Enjoy your time whether it be baking with Hannah or cozying up for some TV! Glad you made it to the end of tax season! Whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am glad you made it to the end also and straight in my arms i love you

    ReplyDelete