Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring Flowers

Happy Easter! Today we celebrated Easter Sunday with church in the park.  We met at the grandstand at the Central Park in Huntington Beach and our church gathered for a COLD morning. The wind was blowing and Earl and I were wrapped up in the quilt Mommy made for him years ago. It was a wonderful service. Both the first service and second service groups gathered together and it was a nice time to see each other and fellowship. There was a 6am service, but Earl and I had to pull ourselves out of bed for the 9am service. Tax season can really wear you out. 

But back to the service - worship was wonderful and we had special music by Sherri Youngward and then Pastor Mike shared the message. A message of hope, of forgiveness and of life. The message of the cross. Afterwards, Earl and I joined some friends for Easter brunch. Freshly made omelets, Belgian waffles, baked salmon filets, french toast, eggs benedict, fruit, biscuits - a true feast. Delicious food and friendships.

And now, to explain the blog post title, I have seen many beautiful flowers the last week or so. Here are a few pictures of them:

These are some sunflowers that we bought a couple weeks ago. They lasted well over a week and were so beautiful. And worth every penny of the $6.99 they cost.
The Starbucks right around the corner from us is next to a flower shop and they always have the most unique and beautiful flower arrangements. This greeted us when we got our standard Sunday morning coffee treat.
These flowers stood on a pedestal next to the grandstand. The wind was blowing so hard this morning one of the two urns fell over. I was glad this one didn't so I could take a picture after the service.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you, too. Glad you were able to enjoy a special morning with friends and fellow worshipers. And food! My day was very spiritual as well, on many levels! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post, and your brunch description made me wistful for eating one day again, lol. I am glad for all the bounty you wrote of in your post. i love you darlings one and two

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. re-reading and re-blessed... Granddaddy used to take us to fabulous restaurant brunches and this brought back those memories of a lifetime growing up in love and tradition and make moments special. i am praying for that legacy to carry on in the family you and Earl are creating. (Signed in a jenni previously)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...sounds good and looks lovely...wish you a belated Easter...

    With all my Love,
    Markus :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Starbucks flowers. Besides coffee makes anything more beautiful... so enjoy gazing upon the lovely while sipping your "treat".

    ReplyDelete
  7. the flowers look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete