Earl and I have been waiting for Brad Paisley's album to come out and it just did this past Tuesday. It's called America Saturday Night and in the title track Brad is singing about how mixed the United States are.
Shes got Brazilian leather boots on the pedal of her German car
Listen to the Beatles singing back in the USSR
yeah shes goin around the world tonight
but she ain't leavin here
shes just going to meet her boyfriend down at the street fair
It's a french kiss, italian ice
Spanish moss in the moonlight
just another American Saturday night
There are many people each year who choose to become American. We may not always get it right, but there's no other place I'd rather build my life! (another country song reference)
Tonight we are going to our friend's house for some backyard BBQ and to check out the fireworks on the beach by the pier. She's making wings and burgers, I'm bringing shrimp cocktail and strawberry shortcakes. Looking forward to a great time with a few friends!
One final portion of a song that I love from the Zac Brown Band:
I thank God for my life
And for the stars and stripes
May freedom forever fly, let it ring.
Salute the ones who died
The ones that give their lives so we don`t have to sacrifice
All the things we love
Like our chicken fried
Very cute! Happy Fourth to you too! Love you.
ReplyDeletemelinda i love your thoughts your insights i missed you yesterday, and i need to listen to that song
ReplyDelete