Tonight's episode on The Closer dealt with a few key issues.
1. Imagining the best in a situation and working to make that happen.
2. The ongoing effects of our actions.
3. Meaning is something you give to a situation (not what you find).
It is so tempting and easy to assume the worst. I wrestle with choosing to see the good that could be in people, in situations. Just as Jesus called Peter the Rock because he saw that he would be a great rock even though he was still shifting sand, I should see the potential of what could be.
In this episode, a man shoots three bullets to ward off gang members trying to steal his car and a bullet travels two blocks and kills a man. Our words and our actions don't exist in a vacuum. They can have irreversible consequences and can radically change our lives.
My final thought on the last point of the episode really ties into the other two. We need to see the potential that could be and choose our words, our thoughts, our movements with care and awareness, realizing that these add to the meaning of our lives and the events that fill them.
I'm working on making some plans for the sisters (some potential ideas fell through and I'm pretty bummed). I have to take a midterm and pay some bills and a few other things tonight, so I'm signing out!!
No comments:
Post a Comment