Okay, I was going to let KB blog about this, but she decided to walk to the mall, so I figured I would :o)
Yesterday I took off for work and around 2:30pm or so, Katherine hops onto Facebook chat to tell me that someone (possibly Brenden) had come by looking for the "bergler." Oh yeah, and some black guy was with him and hugged her. Now, I know that the CEO of the record label is in town and that Brenden was picking him up from the airport yesterday, so I *figured* that was who it was. Still a little confused as to why he would hug Katherine, but maybe it's a Philly thing.
Around 11:30pm Earl gets home from San Diego and walks in and says "Katherine, I heard what happened with Wells today. That's hysterical" (or something to that effect.)
So we heard Wells & Brenden's side of the story last night.
Brenden knocks on the door and asks, "Do you know where the Bergler is?"
Katherine: "He left, I don't know where."
Brenden turns away to call Earl and Wells feels bad, walks up, asks how she's doing and gives her a hug. They both leave.
As they are walking away, Wells calls Brenden out.
W: Why didn't you talk to her? Is that some kind of inside joke?
B: Well, I don't really know her.
W: What do you mean you don't know her? That's Melinda!
B: That's not Melinda, that's her younger sister.
W: Naawww.... Bro, don't try to pull one over on me. I'm not stupid. That was Melinda.
B: No, it's not.
W: I wasn't born yesterday - that HAD to be Melinda.
[Fifteen minutes of back and forth later]
B: She's like 16 or something. It's not Melinda.
W: You know, she did look kind of young.
So, rest assured, there is no man walking around the OC hugging random people - just people he thinks look like me :)
funny story... nice that earl works with such nice people, seriously i like that... i guess this makes up for the times that people think she gave birth to Emily and Hannah
ReplyDeletehaha...i thought it was a california thing! funny story though...you told it better than i could have, i dont have thie lingo down yet
ReplyDeleteWell, there are some pictures where even I have to look twice to make sure which one of you two it is... there are some amazing similarities!!!
ReplyDelete