Saturday, September 26, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

The last few days of the trip were a blur.  We toured Lensahn and Groemitz some more, said good-bye to Uncle Peter, Aunt Petra and Herbert, went on walks through the countryside, took Mary and Jenni to the airport, said good-bye to Gudrun and Uncle Holger, had lunch in Denmark and toured Kiel.  A bit exhausted, I started falling asleep as soon as the car started.  I had the hardest time keeping my eyes open.  I have to say that the northern Germany countryside is absolutely beautiful.

So this week I have been playing catch-up at work working on audits, personal tax returns and having my annual review.  I always get a little nervous beforehand, but walked out with a smile.  I have been promoted to senior accountant at our firm.  This new role will include some management and leadership, so I'll be stretched in new ways.  I am excited and looking forward to all the changes though.  I am so grateful for this job.  I work with great people and feel valued as an employee and friend.  It is a great environment.

Now, I am off to play catch-up with some friends.  I haven't seen two sweet friends for a couple months, so Ali, Christy, Lindsay and I are all meeting at Ruby's for some breakfast and fellowship, oh yeah, and COFFEE!!

3 comments:

  1. I loved looking at all the pictures from Germany. Glad you had a great visit with everyone. It really does look beautiful there.

    Congratulations on your promotion!!! I'm sure you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations darling you do deserve it and enjoy the time not working too, have i told you recently that i miss you love you? I do

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome about the job! I'm sure it makes a huge difference when you enjoy the people you're working around! Hopefully the new ways that you are stretched will be fulfilling ways!

    ReplyDelete