Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Traveling the Emotional Roller Coaster

Today begins the long travel day to Germany. I'm here at work (it's 6:45am) and I've got a full day ahead of me. I'll be leaving around 3pm and heading home to scoop up Earl and then we are off to LAX. My flight doesn't leave until 7pm, but due to LA traffic, we are leaving early so I will probably be there about 3 hours before my flight takes off.


So, Mary is on her way to Minneapolis. I am assuming Mommy, Jenni and Lorraine are too. Mary, Jenni and I will be touching down around 5pm tomorrow in Hamburg and then driving for an hour or so. The funeral will be in Lensahn on Friday morning.


View Larger Map

As Mary tweeted this morning, it will be an emotional rollercoaster. I am looking forward to seeing this area where my grandparents met and fell in love and seeing my dad, uncles, and extended family. Of course, Friday will be a tough day most likely filled with tears.


So please keep us in prayer as we travel to and from and I will try to update with pictures while we are there.


xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is cute, Lensahn on a world map! Have a safe trip, and I'll see you at 5:45 manana! Love you!

    ReplyDelete