Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Putting it to Good Use

The other day I blogged about PW and how she, the other P-Diddy, was rocking my world.  Last night I put my food where my mouth is and made her recipe from the first time she cooked for Marlboro Man: linguine with clams in a white wine sauce.  On Monday we went grocery shopping and picked up the necessities for the week and last night I cooked it up. 


On my way home I was chatting with Katherine and told her what I was making for dinner - she was not impressed, nor was she sad she was missing this meal.  Earl, who has been adverse to carbs since we met, told me before I started cooking that he didn't want pasta with his.  Ummm...it's a pasta dish.  I was not deterred. 


A half hour later, with John Mayer Earl Mergelsberg playing in the backgroud, I served up our dishes and he walked into the kitchen and said, "Look at all the pasta."  So, I offered to scoop pasta out, but he decided to heat up a Kashi meal instead.  Fine, more for me!


So today for lunch I enjoyed a second meal of linguine with clams. I might even have another one tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. too much pasta?!?!? Is there ever such a thing? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have made that dish before it is delish! and you are even beginning to sound like PW... making me smile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a delish recipe! My hubby doesn't love pasta either, but he'll eat it because he knows I'd just as soon have a bowl of cereal and that I cook for him (and my boys!)

    ReplyDelete