Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wish List

A couple weeks ago I tweeted that I had a mile long Christmas list that kept growing.  And it really is. In fact there are three things on it that seem so wonderful if I only got these three things I would be pretty happy.


1. The Pioneer Woman cookbook.  (You can pre-order it here.)  I'm sure everyone else knows about her, but I have just recently fallen in love with her blog, pictures, recipes, etc etc.  Unfortunately, since I have three years of catching up to do, it is proving to be a total time-suck.


2. J. Crew has a good thing going - when the President's wife wears your clothes and all everyone can do is talk about them and take pictures of them, you know you have a good thing going.  And boy have they sucked me in.  I was almost exclusively a Limited girl because the clothes fit and with a good sale and a coupon the price is usually alright. But then I bought a pair of shorts off of the J. Crew website for $15 and they fit and made my summer, summer.  And I got their catalog in the mail. And I saw this.  And then Earl (the sweet sweet man that spoils me) took me there to try one on and we saw it in Indigo Blue in a size 4 so I can wear a light sweater under it if need be. And I searched and searched on Ebay and could not find one.  So, now I wait for Christmas. Hopefully the price will drop.


3. And then the next J. Crew catalog came out and I saw this.  And I haven't been able to try it on, but most likely a size 4 as well. (Just in case anyone wanted to know). Hopefully there will be some crazy sale and the price on this will decrease by 70%. That would be nice.


And my list is growing, because after reading The Pioneer Woman's blog, I want a digital SLR camera.  I wonder if Earl knew I had "caviar tastes" when he married me.  I know Katherine is shaking her head at the thought of owning a jacket that costs $200.  That's why I haven't bought it KB.  It's too much even for my caviar tastes.


Now, if you excuse me, I have some stuff to get done since the PW blog has stolen all my time this weekend!  


Ps - I will be packing up our stuff and learning how to run a farm, because after reading said blog all weekend, all I want to do with my life is raise four children on a cattle farm, minus all the laundry. Life in the country sounds so inticing as I realize tax season is merely months away. 

6 comments:

  1. I just can't believe it, a Christmas wish list and we aren't out of August yet!?!?! And this and this are all the same, or I'm going crazy (which is always a real possibility). And I just read that cattle farming is supposedly much easier than crop farming, so good choice!!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opps! I fixed it. Two different jackets :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that you are reading PW... very neat reading, right? love everything there... and now we get to share it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha...they are nice, but michelles hubby brings home a lotta dough

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang! Earl's going to have to win a Grammy and sell a million records then so I can buy my jackets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PW Rocks!!! Try her French Breakfast Puffs sometime. I promise, you won't be disappointed! :)

    ReplyDelete