We came home to discover that my Mac is about to die. It was struggling before, but now it is almost done and dead. We are doing some research and will probably buy a PC so I can use it for some work stuff too and because it will be SO much cheaper than purchasing another Mac. I didn't take a lot of pictures on this trip and I can't load the pictures from the other cameras because my CD drive stopped working altogether while we were gone, so I have included a few pictures from my camera - which it turns out is missing a lot of stuff.
This was a great trip. It did me a lot of good to see the family and my mommy. We were so blessed to be there with everyone giving thanks to God for His abundance in our lives. He is truly merciful and gracious towards us in all things. And for everything He does, we praise His name. I have started (and am almost finished) reading "Don't Waste Your Life" by Katherine's new pastor: John Piper. This book is challenging, convicting and encouraging. I am loving every word and I told Earl it was worth every penny. In the chapter titled Magnifying Christ Through Pain and Death, Piper states,
What a tragic waste when people turn away from the Calvary road of love and suffering. All the riches of the glory of God in Christ are on that road. All the sweetest fellowship with Jesus is there. All the treasures of assurance. All the ecstasies of joy. All the clearest sightings of eternity. All the noblest camaraderie. All the humblest affections. All the most tender acts of forgiving kindness. All the deepest discoveries of God's Word. All the most earnest prayers. They are all on the Calvary road where Jesus walks with His people. Take up your cross and follow Jesus. On this road, and this road alone, life is Christ and death is gain. Life on every other road is wasted.
Even as we walk on this road, I see such greatness around us. How we still laugh as a family. How we plan parties and cook for forty. How we hug and love and live each day. The few pictures I chose to put up on this post were some that show how great our family lives and loves in the midst of storms that surround us.
Hee hee. . . love the pics.
ReplyDeleteAnd wow -- do I love that book quote. Kinda tough to chew on and swallow. But wow. . . very profound.
Glad you guys made it home safe & sound.
Much love,A
Well, that's a bummer about the Mac (of all things) but check with Tiger Direct... Glad you had a great time in TB! LOve you!
ReplyDeletedroopy reindeer ears... love those photos and we are all missing you already ( we should have the missing photos on my computer thought right?) i am crying... wonderful post darling
ReplyDeleteHi Melinda, glad you got home safe! Just love your post and the pictures!
ReplyDelete