Thursday, November 12, 2009

Mighty to Save

Phew. Today was hard. Harder than yesterday in some ways. I found myself uncontrollably sobbing at different times throughout the day. But I also experienced some incredible moments of peace. This is not "easy." 


Today my mom had a MRI of her brain done. We do not have those results nor do we expect to see anything there that shouldn't be there, but this was done so that we won't be surprised. When they did the MRI of her face/throat they saw the bottom part of her brain and did not see anything there. 

They also met with the oncologist today to begin formulating our plan of attack. There are tentative plans for about 7 weeks of radiation - again depending on the pathology. 

They are going to do a bone scan tomorrow. They do not believe the "cancer" has spread anywhere else, but this is precautionary and to make sure we have all the bases covered. 

Finally, I wanted to share some of the blessings I see already. 
  • Number one, my mom lives in Canada and *recently* got her residents card allowing her to receive the national healthcare. None of these expenses are coming out of pocket. This is a huge incredible blessing.
  • Secondly, the doctor treating my mom who initialing sent her to the hospital is the father of one of Katherine's high school friends. This has been a blessing because things started moving fast.
  • Thirdly, God has kept the momentum going - they are receiving bone scans, MRIs, oncology appointments etc MUCH faster than is typical.
I am thankful and blessed by my husband who has been an immeasurable support for me. For my work and how they have been so kind. For my friends who have sent songs, scriptures, words of comfort and encouragement. The Lord is so faithful to supply ALL our needs. I am thankful for technology and the resources to use the technology when I need to. I am grateful for the Lord. For His word. For His peace, comfort, compassion, grace and mercy. I know He has never given me more than I can handle. I know He has been preparing me for this and He daily provides the measure of strength I need. He is the all sufficient One. 

The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing. Zeph 3:17
My people shall be satisfied with My goodness, saith the Lord. Jer 31:14

2 comments:

  1. You used a phrase in this post that jumped off the screen at me. .. "I know He has been preparing me for this. .. " I think, often we forget that our children GO THROUGH these trials with us. And, in the same way that God has prepared your mom, and Tony for such a time as this. .. He has prepared you, and the rest of the "brood" for this. And, the cool thing about God? He's going to do the same (and yet unique) things in each one of you as you go through this time. I think we'll be able to look back -- regardless of prognoses or outcomes -- and see how each person in your family (and extended family) has been "refined" by the Master Silversmith into a precious element that reflects HIS face. And you, as one of the oldest -- will have the privilege of watching your younger sisters go through this time of testing. You'll see how God is going to bring out HIS qualities in each of them. What a blessing. . . bittersweet -- but what a blessing!

    I'm honored and humbled to be walking this path with you all.....
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell your mom that we love her and are thinking of her. Is there anything we can do to help?

    ReplyDelete