Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Safe and Sound

Yesterday morning came fast at 5am and Earl and I were on our way. After a strange cab ride complete with him sharing that his girlfriend is currently incarcerated after her FIFTH DUI!!!, we were through check-in and security line in less than 15 minutes. We loaded the plane and discovered we had an empty seat next to us. Katherine scooped us up from the Minneapolis airport and we began our drive north. The border patrol didn't even look at our passports (we think it's because Katherine's car has Ontario plates) and by 10:30pm we were in the house giving and getting hugs and gumbo from Grandma. One of the easiest travel days ever.

Today we are going to be doing Thanksgiving preparations - cooking, crafting and shopping. Everyone is still sleeping (except for those who are off to school and work), so I am going to use this opportunity to grab a shower before everyone gets going.

PS - I also have to say that I could not ask for a better husband. He makes being married easy. And I love him!

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy and savor every moment, Melinda. (ooh, and while you're at it -- take a few pictures for me, okay??)

    Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it safely... so did I. Hope you have a wonderful family holiday! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you shower before hand? i think not. thanks for letting me sleep in :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gotta say... and i said this to mommy when i FIRST read this post: at first glance it sounds like earl has a girlfriend who got a dui.

    also, be nice to melinda, katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mary... the guardian of convoluted sentences and sibling relations!!! ;- Love you all!

    ReplyDelete