Saturday, November 21, 2009

Overwhelmed By Goodness

Over the past week and a half I have gotten messages from friends from Miami, Southern California, Seattle, New York, Austin, New Orleans, Germany, Tennessee. I have been overwhelmed by the love and support we as a family have received. It has been a difficult road for me. Being so far away has not been easy. Earl and I are getting ready to leave on Tuesday morning. It will be so nice to have my family an arms distance away instead of a couple thousand miles away. 

Thank you to everyone has prayed, shared scriptures and songs, sent well wishes and encouraged us as we walk this path.

We give glory to God and look to Him to continue to supply strength, peace and comfort.

Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy. 1 Peter 4:12-13

4 comments:

  1. and i have been hugely blessed by all your friends also ... to Him be the glory who is able to keep us from stumbling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melinda, I think you (and the rest of us) are only *beginning* to see what God has in store. As I continue to pray for an absolute MIRACLE -- I am blown away by the effect your mom and this situation is having on my friends and family, as they walk alongside you all.

    I can't wait to hear/see scenes and pictures from when the whole family is together this coming week. I think it will be such good "medicine" for your mom to have all her little ducklings back in the nest. And, it will be good for all the little ducklings to be together.

    ...and yes, I *DO* count Earl as a duckling. (not that I would call him one when I meet him for the first time!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i might call him that... i count him as one of the ducklings also, the coolest duckling of the bunch, but duckling nonetheless

    ReplyDelete
  4. God's goodness is always amazing, even when we know He is good, we can still be amazed at how good. Love you all, and enjoy your Thanksgiving time.... I remember those days...

    ReplyDelete