Today I woke up shortly before 7am and headed out to the Saturday run with the OC Rescue Mission group. We have officially named ourselves "Hope's Heroes: Gunnar's Runners." Today we were finishing up week two, which consisted of ten minutes running, five minutes walking, and repeat. I started out with Linda and we got a fast pace going. We both pushed each other and were strengthened by each other's presence to run faster than we had been going. I have been strengthened by the prayers of those who have come alongside our family and been holding up our arms.
What a difference between Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and yesterday and today. I feel so strong and full of hope. When we first found out that something was seriously wrong, I couldn't even bring myself to tell Katherine that I thought it was going to be okay, so I said "Earl says she'll be fine." Which he did say and still believes, but I was so scared that I couldn't put those words together for myself. Today, I say she is going to be fine and it's going to be okay.
Yesterday I decided I wanted to read Jeremiah 31. I had read a verse somewhere else from the chapter that encouraged me, but I hadn't read the whole chapter, so I opened up my Bible and read.
Thus says the Lord:
"The people who survived the sword found grace in the wilderness-Israel, when I went to give him rest."
The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: "Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you. Again I will build you, and you shall be rebuilt, o virgin of Israel! You shall again be adorned with your tambourines, and shall go forth in the dances of those who rejoice. You shall yet plant vines on the mountains of Samaria; the planters shall plant and eat them as ordinary food."
For the Lord has redeemed Jacob, and ransomed him from the hand of one stronger than he. Therefore they shall come and sing in the height of Zion, streaming to the goodness of the Lord-for wheat and new wine and oil, for the young of the flock and the herd; their souls shall be like a well-watered garden, and they shall sorrow no more at all.
And on and on. The whole chapter is so incredible. The Lord is faithful! Today I read Lamentations 3-5 - when I saw this on my reading plan, I was like "Great, Lamentations. Doom and gloom!" but I was so blessed.
Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassion fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I hope in Him!" For the Lord will not cast off forever. Though He causes grief, yet He will show compassion according to the multitude of His mercies.
Lamentations 3:22-24, 31-32
"oh great....lamentations." lol. thanks. what a week! im glad shes coming home today!
ReplyDeleteYep -- Lamentations doesn't typically conjure up happy images. But, you found the best part (in my opinion).
ReplyDeleteLove you, girl. So very, very proud of you!!!
"Though He causes grief, yet He will show compassion according to the multitude of His mercies"
ReplyDeleteI really like that:) Hope all is going well for you Melinda! Less than two weeks until you'll be here! What a blessing!
Thanks Lorraine! Can't wait to see you.
ReplyDeleteAngie, it's the best part in my view too :)
I can't wait for you to come and we can hug...
ReplyDeleteMelinda, I know you do not know me, but I love your mom, Tony & all you kids like family. Your mom has been an amazing prayer warrior in my corner for several years now and I feel it an honor (although a scary one) to be able to pray for all of you! Please, if you would, can you email me at fantacy_bryant at yahoo dot com? I would very much appreciate it if you are comfortable with it. Sending HUGE hugs to you, your siblings, tony, everyone!!!
ReplyDelete