Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ignorance is Bliss


Usually I don't agree with such a statement, but after yesterday's lunch conversation I am loving it. 

There was a time when I knew every bit of celebrity gossip and juice. And I hated it.  Earl hated it.  Why in the world did I care if Britney's weave was looking like a rat's nest or that Nicole Richie was having a girl or that Jennifer Aniston really didn't hate Angelina.  I mean, these people mean NOTHING to me.  And yet, I was drawn to the websites and magazines. It was like a plague.  I couldn't shake it.

Fast forward about a year and many days of praying and yesterday at lunch we were discussing baseball and I was asking questions ("What's a goat?" "How many games in the series?") and then someone mentioned a joke from SNL about A-Rod and Kate Hudson.  I knew they were dating, but I didn't know she is supposedly with child.  I didn't know that Michael Buble has some celebrity girlfriend. I just DIDN'T KNOW! 

And I am still smiling because I don't have a clue.

In other news, it rained last night...I am hoping for some more. It's been MONTHS and MONTHS since it's rained out here.

4 comments:

  1. it rained here alot this summer and it made me happy, maybe its a florida thing... i think jennifer does really hate angelina but what do i know? I get my celebrity news from the checkout line, and I dont even pick up the magazines, lol it does ease the burden though, if you dont follow such news.. you can focus more on the people who are really in your life... Beth Moore speculates that we as a society crave gossip news because we were made to be relational and we settle for an impostor version, as opposed to getting authentically close to people

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you melinda! i used to be bad too, and now im a lot better about it, but not as good as you...i dislike a-rod! (trying very hard not to say hate!) and thus, have extreme dislike for kate hudson right now too...yay for you for talking about baseball! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. In this case ignorance is bliss. I'm not usually into all the celeb hype, but once you see/hear some interesting tidbit you get hooked. Recently I've been hooked on the Jon & Kate thing, but I'm avoiding it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait a second, I still want to know why Tony Romo dumped Jessica Simpson... she looks fine to me! Other than that, I get my 3 minutes of E! Online news and that's it!

    ReplyDelete