Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Power of Prayer

So Katherine has been praying and praying for the Twins and, whaddya know, 12 innings and one CRAZY game later, they are in the playoffs!  I was busy working working working while the game was going on and the men in the office were in the break room cheering, whooping and generally making me cranky because of all their noise. I was probably more cranky that I am so stressed than the fact that they were being loud.  But this is my least favorite time in the office.  The price of not *loving* baseball.

In all seriousness, prayer works. Not just because we believe and we hope and we persist.  It works because there is a loving, kind, generous, good God on the other side of the line who cares for His creation and His children.  We have been praying HARD for 12 days for Daisy and she has a lifetime ahead of her, but right now, I am encouraged by two pictures up here.

I wish I could post them up here myself, but I am still lacking certain technical skills.  But Daisy is looking good.  And I know the reason.  It's because prayer made to a living God is answered.  In 1 Kings 18 it is clearly shown the difference between praying to gods and the true and living God.


So now I am overjoyed to tears at the progress Daisy has made.  I am in anguish over what her little body will encounter over the next few weeks and how she will have to daily go to the hospital where she never wants to be again. But above all, I am grateful that my God hears my cries and that He cares and that He is moved with compassion to act on our behalf.

5 comments:

  1. tears.... of joy and gratitude... i have been praying along side of you all and am blown away by the testimony of the family and my God's hugeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really gave the link to those two pictures...really makes it visual how she is recovering! Amazing! What a wonderful God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *glad you gave the link

    ReplyDelete
  4. dont worry, i make time in my prayer for her too! not just those ah-mah-zing twins!!

    ReplyDelete