Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Memories

Katherine said on my last post that it was the best Christmas ever. It was pretty spectacular.

We enjoyed all kinds of snow activities from sledding to snowball fights, to building igloos and snowmobiling. We took walks in the beautiful snow at night, reveling in the newness of the snow. How the snow falls down and coats the old, gray and dirty snow with a fresh layer or white, dazzling perfection. We considered how rich God is that he covers the world with diamonds as the snow glittered in the street lights.

We also dealt with pain. My mom received an industrial juicer from her kids for Christmas and we began her juice regimen which brought about detox pain. Christmas night and boxing day were painful for me to watch her suffer through the detox pain. The pain has lessened, but it is still there to a point.

I left my camera card behind by accident, but I do have some Flip videos which I will post after finishing them up. Until then, here is a short, quick video I created from the first couple days of the Christmas trip. Quite a few people aren't represented in this video so this is just a taste!


Christmas 2009 from Melinda Mergelsberg on Vimeo.

7 comments:

  1. I loved this video so much!!! Made me feel like I was right there with you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the music makes it all the more enjoyable! You know I love Celine... but I love you much much more!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still love that video, and i miss you so much, can i see soon the video from our walk , one of the most special times ever! and i thought the card got mailed back to you, by mary maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this video - what a great compilation! And the music was beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh shooot, i'm cute!

    juussssssssssst kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    It's Tony here...

    I'm glad you enjoyed your Christmas. The video is awesome.

    Regarding the suggestion that your mother's pain was "detox pain" exactly what kind of toxins are we talking about?!? I would prefer that we be more careful in suggesting a cause for her pain... just as we be careful in suggesting a cause for her cancer.

    As your mother may have mentioned, I have serious problems with the teaching of the Rev Malkmus, who seems to believe that 90% of illnesses, including cancer, are caused by failing to maintain a vegan diet... especially as he presents on his website some very odd interpretation of Bible verses (related to Jesus) in his attempt to justify his diet ... basically denying the peccability of Christ. Forgive me for making make your blog my sounding board... (please people, write me directly if you want to discuss this, as Melinda did not invite this discussion on her blog).

    I just want it pointed out that 1) I do not attribute her extra pain to a change of diet. 2) I would not describe meat, fish or custard as "toxins" 3)The origin of illness is much more complicated than vegans will admit... and is ultimately much more related to the fall of man... than to the diet of man.

    I know Melinda that you are neither a vegetarian nor a supporter of Rev Malkmus, and so i hesitate to say anything. I just wanted to make clear that there are other opinions and that, in fact, your mother has not become a vegan.

    Again it was wonderful Christmas. I'm sad i missed the igloo building.

    Tony @ 20birds.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. of course I meant, "impeccability." Sorry for the typo.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete