Saturday, January 30, 2010

And now for the surprise...

This morning I drove to the OC Rescue Mission to see my running friends off on their 11 mile run.  This is the last weekend before the race.  We have our matching shirts, hats and enough injuries between us all to cover the entire body. 

The Orange County Register has decided to write a story about Hope's Heros running club.  They all are getting their picture taken before they head out on the run.  I did not have time to hop in the picture, so I'll have to cut and paste my face in there for my copy! 

It's been a great experience starting from day 1 with 20 or so participants and watch the numbers whittle down to the 11 who show up (sometimes sporadically) and run. Many weeks later we are entering the final week. I am really looking forward to crossing the finish line with my new friends!

1 comment:

  1. yeah i forgot to ask if you got in the picture...dang!!! at least you're home :)

    ReplyDelete