Not quite a "milestone" birthday, but this is a milestone year, so it counts!
I can hardly believe it's been a year since we traveled to the great city of Minneapolis to meet up and celebrate your 18th birthday. Hold on while I remember that delicious dinner...yumm....
So here we are. Another year older. Another year wiser. And still the same wonderful sister you have been for 19 years.
I can't say I remember your birthday with too much clarity. But I do remember you were the baby of the family for a few years and I think that's why you and Hannah are like little peas in a pod. I remember that I was always jealous of your bronze skin and golden hair - I used to say you got the Japanese skin while I got the German skin. I remember that you were so articulate at a young age - Ms. Lynn would tell Mommy about what you were saying as a 4 year old in Sunday School.
This past year has been marked with a lot of change for you - but each moment of change has been led by God. He has placed each curve in front of you. Not to test you or make you stumble, but because He finds you worthy to walk this path. Because He sees the strength and abilities in you. Because He knows He will continue to supply any lack and provide MORE than you need. Because He knows what will happen 10 or 15 years from now that will be directly impacted because you went away to college and your mom had cancer.
I am so proud of who you have been, who you are now, and the woman you are becoming. I love you little sister. hug hug kiss kiss.
What a wonderful post, Melinda. Yes, she is that little pea in the pod, always has been, always will be... at least in my eyes. Happy birthday, Katherine! You are blessed with many things, but we are blessed because of you!
ReplyDeleteWow, Melinda. That made me cry...what a beautiful post.
ReplyDeleteThis post made me cry too. It is beautiful and I am so touched again by the closeness of all of you siblings!
ReplyDeleteShe is blessed by having big sisters like you and Jenni - who love her, encourage her, and always point out the best in her!!!
ReplyDeletethanks melinda...you always encourage me :)
ReplyDelete