Today my grandma turns 84. At least we think it's today. You all know the story right? Grandma's parents were living in Hawaii and traveled to register her after her birth and by the time dad got to the hospital he couldn't exactly remember when she was born. February 22nd became her birthday and it's been the day we celebrate her life each year.
Grandma,
Earl and I wish we could be with you to celebrate everything you mean to us. You are so giving of all your resources - time, energy, love and smiles. You have enriched our lives every moment. I love that you were my roommate when I moved to be closer to school. I have so many fond memories. You truly know how to comfort each of us individually. It brings so much joy to my heart to know I make you proud.
Thank you for being my grandma. For reading to me and teaching me to love books. For believing each of your grandchildren are capable of whatever we put our minds to. For constantly showing us what elegance and hospitality look like. You are so graceful. We love you so much!
Love,
Melinda and Earl
Thanksgiving 2009
What a great picture, and what a wonderful post. Happy birthday, Mother! You are - quite simply - the best!
ReplyDeletewhat a lovely post...Happy Birthday Grandma! I love you :) i love that picture too!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely lady! Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteGrandmas awesome! Happy Birthday grandma!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you shared that story, because it's the first thing I think of, that we don't know when Grandma was born. And it always reminds me that birthday celebrations are about celebrating lives and just how full Grandma's has been.
ReplyDeleteI love you Grandma! Happy Birthday!
Wonderfully put! I especially agree with, "For constantly showing us what elegance and hospitality look like"
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your beautiful grandma!
ReplyDeleteYour Grandma is just another one of the many people I look forward to meeting someday (soon, I hope). She makes me smile -- everytime I see her picture. She's so beautiful -- so full of life -- and so precious.
ReplyDeleteThis post and photo brought tears to my eyes. Morley and I have been so blessed to know your Grandma. We are happy to have met her and enjoy visiting with her every chance we get. We remember fondly her visit here to our home and still hope for the day that we can take her out fishing! She is a wonderful warm and caring person. Happy Brithday Florence!!
ReplyDelete