Last week we ran a total of 19 miles. It was great!! I had been having some nagging pains in my leg muscles, but once I started running they were fine. After our eight mile run on Saturday my legs were pretty sore and the pain got worse. Come Monday morning's three mile run I was gritting my teeth the whole way just trying to finish. I finished, but this morning I ran less than three miles and walked about two miles of the whole five miles we were supposed to do. Tonight I am going to get a new pair of running shoes and I'll be icing my legs throughout the day. Hopefully they will start to get better. We are less than four weeks away from the half marathon and I would hate to have to stop now. I was so disappointed today that I couldn't run more than I did. I could frankly barely walk what I walked because of the pain.
Despite the pain, it was a BEAUTIFUL morning. I have seen the sunrise four mornings a week for the last 12 weeks. Today's was something extra special. The sky was various shades of pink, blue, purple, orange. Soft golden rays through the clouds. Absolutely magnificant! I wish I had my camera with me, but at least I have a mental memory!
WOW!!! I am impressed!! lol you are an inspiration...Tito tries to get me to run 2 miles with him but I can never keep up! lol
ReplyDeletei have many mental memories of you... tiny, growing, growed...mental memories are great things and as DAsha said... you are an inspiration, so proud
ReplyDeleteI didn't get that you meant 'setback' as in 'setback'. For some reason I thought you meant running line back (er) or something along those lines and was expecting to read about how you took up football. Apparently I don't know a thing about that yankee sport. Sorry.
ReplyDelete