Earl and I have been supporting Discipleship Support Ministries before we were married. This ministry is near and dear to our hearts. Recently I received an email from Paul and Marcia Cowley who lead the ministry on the front lines in the slums of Kibera in Nairobi, Kenya. I shared with them the story of Ignace, my mom's tumor, and asked them to pray.
Today I received an email back that not only were they praying, but they have added my mom, us and Ignace to the prayer list of the pastors they are equipping and training. The Pastors of the least are interceding on our behalf.
One word: humbled.
If you would like to learn more about this ministry and how you can support them through prayer and financially, please visit their website: http://www.disciplesupport.org/.
years back when life was full of immigration details, Pastor Scott shared PAul and Marcia's newsletter about the latest immigration miracle and it spoke directly to every thought and burden in my heart, so this is not the first time God has used them to intervene in my life. I remember whatever they had written i knew God intended me to be in Canada, and now as I have excellent medical care and no concerns about how to pay for it... God knew, didn't he? but i wanted to say Paul and Marcia have been instrumental in my life before and they are faithful servants wherever God needs them.
ReplyDeletevery very cool.
ReplyDeleteThat is so beautiful! I know it warms the heart of Jesus to see His body united like that - especially taking on the burdens of one another in prayer.
ReplyDeleteYour mom's in the best hands ever, praise the Lord!