Monday, June 1, 2009

Crazy Weekend, Crazy Week

This may be a little random recap of this weekend and what's ahead, but I think Mondays are generally random anyways! First of all, I had last Monday off and a four-day week is always nice. I spent the week reading bits from various books, but I just finished Rich Dad, Poor Dad. I really enjoyed reading this book and it opened my eyes to a lot of different things - specifically my spending habits! Of course, I can't say that I agree with everything he suggested or stated, but it was definitely a conversation starter for me and Earl and it challenged a lot of my "this is what you do" thoughts regarding personal finances. I'm not saying that I'll change everything, or even anything, but always good to be challenged and think through items and question why we do what we do. The band played at the Rock Church in San Diego at two Sunday night services. The first service was about 2,000 people and the second service was about 3,000+ people. It was a different experience for the guys because they had to wear colors that would show well on the HD cameras and had said cameras in their face and personal space during the worship sets. Overall, really nice church and people! Now we are getting ready and gearing up for another busy week. The CEO of Cross Movement Records will be flying out this week to hang with the guys and join them on stage at Beachside Summer Fest to do their joint song, Deliver Us. The band is playing at Harvest Christian Fellowship on Friday, Beachside Summer Fest on Saturday, and Calvary Chapel Beachside and Green Valley Christian Camp on Sunday. It will be a long week, but exciting since we are really looking forward to all these events. Also!! Friends from Miami are coming to visit this week. We are excited to see Alfred, Alicia, Samantha and Michael this weekend and hope they are enjoying their time seeing all California has to offer!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, lots of big time stuff happening for the band! That's exciting. Enjoy your time with your friends! And only 3 weeks till we see you...

    ReplyDelete