I took a moment before we left and said to Earl I was sure I was forgetting something. We went down the list of the (million) things I packed in my suitcase and felt for sure I had everything. We left a few minutes late partly because Earl was sure I was over the weight limit on my bag (I ended up weighing in at 43 pounds - 7 pounds to spare!) and we got a backpack for me to shove somethings in and carry on the plane if need be. We were on our way, Earl dropped me off at Terminal 6 as per the signage at LAX, I walked in and was told that LAX hadn't updated the signs and my airline flew out of Terminal 2 now - on the OTHER side of the airport. I went downstairs and waited for the shuttle and mid-ride over to Terminal 2, it dawned on me that I didn't have my passport. I called Earl and was told that there was no way, no how for him to bring it back to me in time and I may have had a minor freak-out. Called my mom around 2am EST and arrived at Terminal 2 to see about 80 people in front of me waiting to check-in to the same flight as me - when we were supposed to be boarding!! So, needless to say, we didn't depart on time.
Earl scanned in copies of my passport, marriage license and birth certificate because I still haven't changed my passport to my married name and I was airborne. Three short hours later, I touched down in Minneapolis and began the 7 hour drive with Grandma and Papa. The customs officer was kind enough to let me through and I breathed one GIANT sigh of relief knowing that I made it across. Praise the Lord for grace and favor!!
So, I am now typing this on maybe two hours of sleep and many hours awake. I am heading for a shower, still feeling a little sick (my ears still haven't popped from the flight) and then it's off to graduation #1.
Updates and pictures to follow!!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
boy, as I read this a memories abound... I miss you guys, all of you! You have grown up way too fast...
ReplyDelete